Thursday, November 10, 2005

Raccoon eyes

I don’t know what it is, but for someone who hates makeup, I sure do have a thing for dark eyes. I notice it turns up in my prose quite often, to wit:

“She had those hollowed out, blackened smoky eyes that almost make me wreck my car when I’m staring at them as someone catches my eye in traffic.”

I noticed it again this morning. On the bus. A woman, the whole way in the back of the bus, black teased hair, dark shadowed eyes.

Maybe because it’s not natural and breaks from my pattern of only enjoying natural things.

Then again, I believe that if you try to read too much into what you like, it takes the magic away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aleksey said...

Mike Pegg of Google Maps Mania Profiled
I've not met Mike, keeper of the great Google Maps Mania, but we do e-mail to share tips.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to instant road repair on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like instant road repair!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home